Tether was born in 2008 with the dream of creating brand visions for visionary brands. We set upon our future in a creative playground where we sold products we made, showed art we curated, held community events and concerts and created multidiscipline solutions for brands we love, from corporate giants to passionate start-ups to launching our own brands. We’ve grown and moved a few times since those early days, adding studios in New York while remaining steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being a place where strategies are elucidated, stories are crafted, concepts are germinated, and brands—big and small—are born, reborn and sent out to conquer the world.
Chief Creative Officer
Left-brained† revolutionary embarks on madcap mission‡ to redefine how design gets done.
- † Left-brainers are known for extricating astounding creative solutions from chaotic office environments.
- ‡ Most lucrative madcap missions involve a memorable logo, a proven hydration beverage, and a clairvoyant gnome
Efflorescent† executor magically manages the machinations of an emerging empire.‡
- † Efflorescent individuals are often enamored by punctuation’s potential for self-expression!!!!!
- ‡ All empires have lifecycles. We’re looking forward to the decadent decline, when it’s all champagne and supermodels.
Executive Creative Director
Masterful mentor† enlightens with poetic perceptions and big-picture bravura.‡
- † Effective mentorship requires the ability to provide advice that can be construed as both sagacious and cryptic.
- ‡ In certain contexts, “bravura” may be misinterpreted as “adult ADD.”
Director of Client Experience
Peripatetic, polyaptitudinal† Viking casts off Old World‡ to captain accounts close to home.
- † Design? Yep. Print production. Uh-huh. Account management? Bien sûr. Molding clay and carving moguls? Check and double check.
- ‡ See also: My Hobbit Home, A Middle-Earth Memoir.
Executive Creative Director
Tactical jargonaut† summons verbalistic prowess to craft new legends, new worlds, new rituals.‡
- † Jargonauts differ from liars in that they enjoy gainful compensation and a generous 401k plan.
- ‡ Rituals include, but are not limited to, falcon husbandry, competitive gurning and Kirkpinar oil wrestling.
Executive Creative Director
Well-rounded† roamer finds his place as Gotham’s‡ newest hero, fearlessly leading creatives to uncharted conceptual heights. (Sans cape.)
- † This modern-day disciple of design majored in marine biology.
- ‡ From Amsterdam to Seattle, he now spends his 9-to-5 in NYC.
Green Mountain mama follows family tradition† granting client wishes with poise & precision. ‡
- † With a dad in ads, is it a coincidence that “Madeleine” sounds a lot like “Mad Men”?
- ‡ Two qualities she honed in lacrosse, effortlessly connecting balls to defender’s noses nets.
Globe-trotting photog and amateur musicologist returns from a life On the Narrow Road† to spin‡ ideas for the digital frontier.
- † Vagabonding around Japan in the venerable tradition of Bashō.
- ‡ This DJ-for-hire once jettisoned his bed to make room for (even) more vinyl.
Unflappable graphic gumshoe† employs agile observation to solve all genre‡ of compositional quandaries.
- † Two words: silent type.
- ‡ This classic movie connoisseur takes his coffee black and his film noir.
Sassy Saxon† with a knack for tackling complexity steers projects to first position.‡
- † Wenn ich das übersetzen muss, du schuldest mir ein Bier.
- ‡ Be warned, should she volunteer to drive: this former Autocrosser still chases the checkered flag.
Implacably curious† voyager manipulates pixels into interactive castles‡ of creativity.
- † Just one of her feline traits—the other being the 9 lives thing, as proven by a lifelong lack of broken bones.
- ‡ Such fortifications ably defend against both barbarians and user error.
Cartoon-binging, comics-flipping design disrupter finds inspiration in choo choos, fuzzy fruit† and inflatable attractors‡.
- † Not just a homonym for her handle, kiwi also ranks high on her list of favorite foods.
- ‡ She considers arm-flailing tube men essential brand elements. And makes a good case for it.
Straight-shootin’,† folk-singin’ Rust Belt transplant drives‡ brand stories with definitive design.
- † Directness, in communication and creative styles, is a hallmark of this no-muss Midwesterner.
- ‡ Julia’s kind of joyriding spans everything from 4x4s to bikes and trains.
Adventurous† account ace dives headlong into project details, shark-soaked waters and dizzying downhill descents‡.
- † From cavorting with elephant calves to cage-diving with great whites, she goes big on vacation.
- ‡ You think you ski fast? This one burns up the powder every time she straps on her boots.
Captain of Accounting† puts her back‡ into the balance sheet, bringing order to computational chaos.
- † And Queen of Calisthenics.
- ‡ You wanna talk backbone? This one’s backed up with steel.
Curious concoctor† nimbly shifts gears and focus, inspiring a propitious panoply‡ of profferings.
- † Should anyone tempt you with a “brand-new concoction”, insist they take the first sip.
- ‡ When confronted by a propitious panoply, we advise that you assume a fetal position and yodel until it retreats.
Rollicking† raconteur of moving‡ manifestos turns abstract notions into narrative potions.
- † Beware of Quiet Colin. It’s not a good sign. Fortunately, he’s rarely seen.
- ‡ Our Susan Lucci, Colin’s never won an Emmy, but he’s been nominated countless times. (Assuming you can’t count to two.)
Erstwhile prof† swaps academia for studio tenure, collaging affairs with affable snark‡ and inimitable grace.
- † When art history’s the topic, you want her on your trivia team. Trust us.
- ‡ If sarcasm and mimicry were superpowers, she’d be a real-life Marvel.
Senior Production Designer
Disparately shod dungeon master† crosses the T’s, dots the I’s,‡ and transmogrifies RGBs to CMYKs.
- † Ask nicely and he may grant you +3 Charisma.
- ‡ Proper use of apostrophes, yes or no? Discuss. Somewhere else.
Jovial jack-of-all-trades† whips pixels into pictorial paradise and finds inspiration in the belters of a bygone era.‡
- † This embroidery tyro professes that hobbies are his hobby.
- ‡ The unmistakable snarls of Bessie Smith and James Brown oft underscore a brainstorm sesh.
Modern-day Man in Black† turns blank domains into digital wonderlands and follows his khwam hiw‡ to Bangkok whenever possible.
- † This tech tinkerer deviates from his monochrome mode only for white hat hacking.
- ‡ The Thai word for “hunger,” which guides him on every insatiable quest.
Becky Van Wieringen
Ommetaphobic people-picker,† triumphant in global gauntlet,‡ levels an eye for untouchable talent.
- † Her first job was packing widgets on an assembly line. Now it’s placing wizards in an open office.
- ‡ Pausing her lifelong tour of Washington with a trip to 13 countries in 3 weeks. Plus layovers.
Alphabetic alchemist† transmutes lexical mettle into marketing gold.‡
- † Early alchemists attempted to transmute strips of leather into bacon, thus accidentally inventing beef jerky.
- ‡ You should see this guy on the drums, pounding out the hits from the golden age of hair metal. That’s pure gold.
Operationally OCD organizer† greases the lanes, helping projects strike the pocket‡ with perfect precision.
- † Tina’s juvie rap sheet includes several counts of aggravated calendaring.
- ‡ Ever the tweener, Tina delivers with equal parts power and finesse.
Southern-hemisphere† web wizard translates brand initiatives into clickable pixel pulchritude.‡
- † Which means he knows the difference between an esky and a chilly bin.
- ‡ Pulchritude noun | \\ˈpəl-krə-ˌtüd : an ugly word for a beautiful thing.
Senior Creative Industrial Design
Spatial savant† formulates 3D serendipity in an unkempt and off-kilter‡ world.
- † It requires first-hand experience and a trained eye to distinguish between a spatial savant and your average felon.
- ‡ A term that originated with the rampant deskirting of Scotsmen during the 1513 Battle of Flodden Field.
Graphite-wielding† graphic designer finds beauty in abecedarian forms, alley-oops and fiery food.‡
- † 2H to 6B, his penchant for pencils is downright Escher-esque.
- ‡ Whether cooking up concepts or chowing down, he brings the heat.
Associate Creative Director
Globetrotting graphics hit man executes† deliverables with a Swiss-army skillset.‡
- † Let’s be clear, all this talk of execution is purely metaphorical … or is it?
- ‡ Skillset includes print, web, and slow jams.
Epic-walking† wordsmith goes beyond big when it comes to concepts,‡ waffles, jazz records and Tomb Raider.
- † Six-milers are just a Sunday stroll for this peripatetic powerhouse.
- ‡ Her first name is “ideas” backwards. Think about that for a minute.
Martial artist† of getting isht done, this world wanderer shows her strength‡ in all things production and design.
- † A Systema specialist, she's also known to marshal a mess or nine.
- ‡ Strongman Dwayne Johnson is her hypothetical bestie.
Associate Creative Director
Die-hard† Francophile finds story craft in the cards,‡ conjuring brand tales with a rare je ne sais quoi.
- † Conan, Cobra, American Ninja—if there’s a villain to be eviscerated, this Action Jackson is in.
- ‡ You turn up the tarot cards, she’ll turn up your fortunes.
Gallivanting gastronome fine tunes† fiscal faculties, always keeping a composed comportment. ‡
- † Favorites for this melomaniac range from Migos to Lady Gaga.
- ‡ Zen is her zeitgeist.
Senior Creative Strategist
Dallas-born strategy star boots Texas (but not the Cowboys†) to boost brand fandom in the Emerald City. Again‡.
- † She still has her Cowboys Starter jacket from their ’90s heyday. That’s love.
- ‡ This is Joanna’s third stint in Seattle. Clearly, we’re a hard habit to break.
Senior Video/Integrated Producer
Bibliophiliac† video visionary‡ turns ideas into execution, and chaos into kick-ass.
- † So great is her book-love, she’d bring a pup tent to Powell’s.
- ‡ One vision led Alexis to eat gold in Amsterdam, which is not the worst thing you can do there.
Associate Creative Director Industrial Design
Archeologist of action engineers aggressive feats† of multi-dimensional delight.‡
- † Also known to engineer aggressive feats of backflippery. Just ask him.
- ‡ Certain multidimensional delights may require a two-week waiting period.
Senior Account Manager
Dapper lumberjack† with a knack for details‡ manages the master plan like The Man.
- † Alas, he lacks a knack for raccoon repellant—his yard is practically a refuge for the nasty buggers.
- ‡ Though he swings an axe like Julia Child swings a cleaver, he’s more metro- than lumber sexual.
Image-crafting iconoclast† converts abstract observations into hypnotic visual mnemonics.‡
- † Iconoclasts are driven by the innate conviction that sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers.
- ‡ A mnemonic device is a visual, kinesthetic or auditory technique designed to improve… uh, I forget what.
Creative Industrial Design
Altitudinous† artifact architect concocts‡ objects of obsession for the consumer cosmos.
- † It’s easier to spot new trends on the horizon when you can see the curvature of the earth.
- ‡ Sometimes with the help of fully-charged calipers.
Jazz-jonesing design diplomat cruises† the planet‡ crafting revolutionary creative concepts.
- † You should see his hovercraft–a Mingus 3000 with custom Coltranian injectors. It’s one hip chick magnet, Daddy-O.
- ‡ Havana. Tehran. Moscow. His passport reads like an espionage novel.
Pixel wiz reigns as king of the hill† when it comes to inky‡ scripts, creating comps wild enough to rival his Yeezy Boost 700s.
- † This former flamethrower traded fastballs for even faster design chops.
- ‡ His passion for pigment led him straight to the hard stuff—13 tats in one year.