Tether was born in 2008 with the dream of creating brand visions for visionary brands. We set upon our future in a creative playground where we sold products we made, showed art we curated, held community events and concerts and created multidiscipline solutions for brands we love, from corporate giants to passionate start-ups to launching our own brands. We’ve grown and moved a few times since those early days, adding studios in Portland and New York while remaining steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being a place where strategies are elucidated, stories are crafted, concepts are germinated, and brands—big and small—are born, reborn and sent out to conquer the world.
Chief Creative Officer
Left-brained† revolutionary embarks on madcap mission‡ to redefine how design gets done.
- † Left-brainers are known for extricating astounding creative solutions from chaotic office environments.
- ‡ Most lucrative madcap missions involve a memorable logo, a proven hydration beverage, and a clairvoyant gnome
Efflorescent† executor magically manages the machinations of an emerging empire.‡
- † Efflorescent individuals are often enamored by punctuation’s potential for self-expression!!!!!
- ‡ All empires have lifecycles. We’re looking forward to the decadent decline, when it’s all champagne and supermodels.
Executive Creative Director
Masterful mentor† enlightens with poetic perceptions and big-picture bravura.‡
- † Effective mentorship requires the ability to provide advice that can be construed as both sagacious and cryptic.
- ‡ In certain contexts, “bravura” may be misinterpreted as “adult ADD.”
Director of Client Experience
Peripatetic, polyaptitudinal† Viking casts off Old World‡ to captain accounts close to home.
- † Design? Yep. Print production. Uh-huh. Account management? Bien sûr. Molding clay and carving moguls? Check and double check.
- ‡ See also: My Hobbit Home, A Middle-Earth Memoir.
Group Creative Director
Fireproof† director of digital bliss chases consumers‡ with interactive enchantments.
- † Despite a perfect record of fire survival, PLEASE DO NOT TEST THIS.
- ‡ He’ll chase you too if your name’s Wilson, Titleist, or Jasper Johns.
Creative Strategy Director
Pattern-clad† craft ninja transforms into strategic superhero,‡ leaping big ideas in a single bound.
- † In a polka dot forest, half her wardrobe could count as camouflage.
- ‡ It all started in 2nd grade after a teacher recognized her precocious grasp of USPs.
Executive Creative Director
Tactical jargonaut† summons verbalistic prowess to craft new legends, new worlds, new rituals.‡
- † Jargonauts differ from liars in that they enjoy gainful compensation and a generous 401k plan.
- ‡ Rituals include, but are not limited to, falcon husbandry, competitive gurning and Kirkpinar oil wrestling.
Executive Creative Director
Well-rounded† roamer finds his place as Gotham’s‡ newest hero, fearlessly leading creatives to uncharted conceptual heights. (Sans cape.)
- † This modern-day disciple of design majored in marine biology.
- ‡ From Amsterdam to Seattle, he now spends his 9-to-5 in NYC.
Salty scribe navigates lyrical seas,† crafting siren songs with style‡ and soul.
- † Making sweet, sweet music—with bands and brands—floats this salt’s 38-foot Kettenburg.
- ‡ Three-time winner of Seamen Digest’s Sartorial Sailors & Natty Naval-Gazers.
Unflappable graphic gumshoe† employs agile observation to solve all genre‡ of compositional quandaries.
- † Two words: silent type.
- ‡ This classic movie connoisseur takes his coffee black and his film noir.
Rollicking† raconteur of moving‡ manifestos turns abstract notions into narrative potions.
- † Beware of Quiet Colin. It’s not a good sign. Fortunately, he’s rarely seen.
- ‡ Our Susan Lucci, Colin’s never won an Emmy, but he’s been nominated countless times. (Assuming you can’t count to two.)
Senior Creative Industrial Design
Spatial savant† formulates 3D serendipity in an unkempt and off-kilter‡ world.
- † It requires first-hand experience and a trained eye to distinguish between a spatial savant and your average felon.
- ‡ A term that originated with the rampant deskirting of Scotsmen during the 1513 Battle of Flodden Field.
Captain of Accounting† puts her back‡ into the balance sheet, bringing order to computational chaos.
- † And Queen of Calisthenics.
- ‡ You wanna talk backbone? This one’s backed up with steel.
Dapper lumberjack† with a knack for details‡ manages the master plan like The Man.
- † Alas, he lacks a knack for raccoon repellant—his yard is practically a refuge for the nasty buggers.
- ‡ Though he swings an axe like Julia Child swings a cleaver, he’s more metro- than lumber sexual.
Modern-day Man in Black† turns blank domains into digital wonderlands and follows his khwam hiw‡ to Bangkok whenever possible.
- † This tech tinkerer deviates from his monochrome mode only for white hat hacking.
- ‡ The Thai word for “hunger,” which guides him on every insatiable quest.
Globetrotting graphics hit man executes† deliverables with a Swiss-army skillset.‡
- † Let’s be clear, all this talk of execution is purely metaphorical … or is it?
- ‡ Skillset includes print, web, and slow jams.
Implacably curious† voyager manipulates pixels into interactive castles‡ of creativity.
- † Just one of her feline traits—the other being the 9 lives thing, as proven by a lifelong lack of broken bones.
- ‡ Such fortifications ably defend against both barbarians and user error.
Image-crafting iconoclast† converts abstract observations into hypnotic visual mnemonics.‡
- † Iconoclasts are driven by the innate conviction that sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers.
- ‡ A mnemonic device is a visual, kinesthetic or auditory technique designed to improve… uh, I forget what.
Associate Creative Director
Alphabetic alchemist† transmutes lexical mettle into marketing gold.‡
- † Early alchemists attempted to transmute strips of leather into bacon, thus accidentally inventing beef jerky.
- ‡ You should see this guy on the drums, pounding out the hits from the golden age of hair metal. That’s pure gold.
Adroit† adventurer wanders wondrously, curating and creating with curious abandon.‡
- † Adroit: French for “will smash your face in table tennis.”
- ‡ He tried creating with furious oblivion, but the dry cleaning bills got out of hand.
IT / Helpdesk Specialist
IT avenger† patrols the cyber-sphere, keeping our creative community productive and protected.‡
- † Let’s be honest, his superheroics often come down to “you downloaded what??” [face palm]
- ‡ Heaven forbid anyone should lose Facebook access.
Erstwhile prof† swaps academia for studio tenure, collaging affairs with affable snark‡ and inimitable grace.
- † When art history’s the topic, you want her on your trivia team. Trust us.
- ‡ If sarcasm and mimicry were superpowers, she’d be a real-life Marvel.
Business Development Manager
Maven of capabilities entices† entire industries, convincing clients‡ of our inevitable engagement.
- † Her Enticement Toolbox™ includes shiny objects, sincere compliments, and an encyclopedic knowledge of The Dieline.
- ‡ Feats made easier by her rigorous training regimen of running, hiking, and Netflix marathons.
Operationally OCD organizer† greases the lanes, helping projects strike the pocket‡ with perfect precision.
- † Tina’s juvie rap sheet includes several counts of aggravated calendaring.
- ‡ Ever the tweener, Tina delivers with equal parts power and finesse.
Graphite-wielding† graphic designer finds beauty in abecedarian forms, alley-oops and fiery food.‡
- † 2H to 6B, his penchant for pencils is downright Escher-esque.
- ‡ Whether cooking up concepts or chowing down, he brings the heat.
Curious concoctor† nimbly shifts gears and focus, inspiring a propitious panoply‡ of profferings.
- † Should anyone tempt you with a “brand-new concoction”, insist they take the first sip.
- ‡ When confronted by a propitious panoply, we advise that you assume a fetal position and yodel until it retreats.
Bay State émigré† unpacks his tackle box‡ of creative to catch the legal limit of curious consumers.
- † Émigré : from the French, for “Scourge of the Salmonidae”
- ‡ Even without a box—the man off-gasses great ideas. Take a whiff. Mmm.
Green Mountain mama follows family tradition† granting client wishes with poise & precision. ‡
- † With a dad in ads, is it a coincidence that “Madeleine” sounds a lot like “Mad Men”?
- ‡ Two qualities she honed in lacrosse, effortlessly connecting balls to defender’s noses nets.
Cartoon-binging, comics-flipping design disrupter finds inspiration in choo choos, fuzzy fruit† and inflatable attractors‡.
- † Not just a homonym for her handle, kiwi also ranks high on her list of favorite foods.
- ‡ She considers arm-flailing tube men essential brand elements. And makes a good case for it.
Sassy Saxon† with a knack for tackling complexity steers projects to first position.‡
- † Wenn ich das übersetzen muss, du schuldest mir ein Bier.
- ‡ Be warned, should she volunteer to drive: this former Autocrosser still chases the checkered flag.
Southern-hemisphere† web wizard translates brand initiatives into clickable pixel pulchritude.‡
- † Which means he knows the difference between an esky and a chilly bin.
- ‡ Pulchritude noun | \\ˈpəl-krə-ˌtüd : an ugly word for a beautiful thing.
Die-hard† Francophile finds story craft in the cards,‡ conjuring brand tales with a rare je ne sais quoi.
- † Conan, Cobra, American Ninja—if there’s a villain to be eviscerated, this Action Jackson is in.
- ‡ You turn up the tarot cards, she’ll turn up your fortunes.
Jovial jack-of-all-trades† whips pixels into pictorial paradise and finds inspiration in the belters of a bygone era.‡
- † This embroidery tyro professes that hobbies are his hobby.
- ‡ The unmistakable snarls of Bessie Smith and James Brown oft underscore a brainstorm sesh.
Creative Industrial Design
Altitudinous† artifact architect concocts‡ objects of obsession for the consumer cosmos.
- † It’s easier to spot new trends on the horizon when you can see the curvature of the earth.
- ‡ Sometimes with the help of fully-charged calipers.
Associate Creative Director Industrial Design
Archeologist of action engineers aggressive feats† of multi-dimensional delight.‡
- † Also known to engineer aggressive feats of backflippery. Just ask him.
- ‡ Certain multidimensional delights may require a two-week waiting period.
Senior Production Designer
Disparately shod dungeon master† crosses the T’s, dots the I’s,‡ and transmogrifies RGBs to CMYKs.
- † Ask nicely and he may grant you +3 Charisma.
- ‡ Proper use of apostrophes, yes or no? Discuss. Somewhere else.
Studio siren† wanders the world,‡ enticing talent for our band of branding commandos.
- † Traditionally, sirens entice people onto rocks; this one entices people to a place that rocks.
- ‡ Though she’s usually deskbound, her passport collects stamps like Mötley Crüe attracts groupies.
Techno-protector† of digital dreams conducts a symphony of cyber felicity.‡
- † You could say he’s techno-sporty as well, what with all the biking, boarding, hiking and b-balling.
- ‡ Cyber-felicity: the feeling of contentment when Tetriminos align and Koopas keep out.
Adventurous† account ace dives headlong into project details, shark-soaked waters and dizzying downhill descents‡.
- † From cavorting with elephant calves to cage-diving with great whites, she goes big on vacation.
- ‡ You think you ski fast? This one burns up the powder every time she straps on her boots.
Roseate doer of design artfully† tightropes the technical and fantastical, always landing on her feet‡.
- † From paint and ink to pens and markers, getting crafty keeps her inner kid alive.
- ‡ It’s not just the naps, but she’s quite sure she was a cat in a past life. No kitten.
Senior Video/Integrated Producer
Bibliophiliac† video visionary‡ turns ideas into execution, and chaos into kick-ass.
- † So great is her book-love, she’d bring a pup tent to Powell’s.
- ‡ One vision led Alexis to eat gold in Amsterdam, which is not the worst thing you can do there.
Straight-shootin’,† folk-singin’ Rust Belt transplant drives‡ brand stories with definitive design.
- † Directness, in communication and creative styles, is a hallmark of this no-muss Midwesterner.
- ‡ Julia’s kind of joyriding spans everything from 4x4s to bikes and trains.
Big-picture, cross-platform thinker unpacks strategic toolbox† to land brands in the sentimental sweet spot.‡
- † Northside born & bred, he also packs a Bears lunchbox. Unofficial member of Bill Swerski’s Superfans club.
- ‡ Speaking of sweet spots, this lawn Olympian can crack mallet and toss bocce, I tell you what.
Globe-trotting photog and amateur musicologist returns from a life On the Narrow Road† to spin‡ ideas for the digital frontier.
- † Vagabonding around Japan in the venerable tradition of Bashō.
- ‡ This DJ-for-hire once jettisoned his bed to make room for (even) more vinyl.
Jazz-jonesing design diplomat cruises† the planet‡ crafting revolutionary creative concepts.
- † You should see his hovercraft–a Mingus 3000 with custom Coltranian injectors. It’s one hip chick magnet, Daddy-O.
- ‡ Havana. Tehran. Moscow. His passport reads like an espionage novel.
Senior Creative Strategist
Dallas-born strategy star boots Texas (but not the Cowboys†) to boost brand fandom in the Emerald City. Again‡.
- † She still has her Cowboys Starter jacket from their ’90s heyday. That’s love.
- ‡ This is Joanna’s third stint in Seattle. Clearly, we’re a hard habit to break.
Senior Account Manager
Optimistic optimizer navigates† creative engagements with buoyant‡ ebullience.
- † Ever the seafaring lass, Kelley is a member of CANOE—Committee to Attribute a Nautical Origin to Everything.
- ‡ Proving the maxim, “character is density.”
Associate Creative Strategist
Arkansas-weaned† strategy whiz goes all in on hip-hop jams, John Carpenter films‡ and cracking creative conundrums.
- † 18 years in the land of towering pines leaves a lasting taste for sweet tea and Delta blues.
- ‡ A full-fledged fanboy, he puts Big Trouble in Little China and The Thing atop his list of JC faves.
Epic-walking† wordsmith goes beyond big when it comes to concepts,‡ waffles, jazz records and Tomb Raider.
- † Six-milers are just a Sunday stroll for this peripatetic powerhouse.
- ‡ Her first name is “ideas” backwards. Think about that for a minute.