Tether is looking for a Senior Strategist/Planner who is a creative problem solver with a deep love for brand strategy and storytelling. Ideally this would be a contract to hire position, could also consider direct hire. This role will be a critical component of the cross-functional team responsible for building brands. You will be responsible for leading the creative strategy for a key client initially including research discovery efforts to inform the brand strategy, helping form the creative brief and helping achieve the client’s business objectives. Ideal candidate will have solid experience working within a strategy department in an agency or design studio environment. Would love sports and fitness or activewear experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing, Communications, or Business focus preferred.
- 6+ years of experience working as a Strategist or Planner with a strong background in brand strategy, communications/marketing and building client relationships. Retail and sports apparel experience a plus.
- Must have experience leading research discover initiatives, specifically stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis, ethnographic market research, focus group testing, and client workshops.
- Ability to cull through mass amounts of data, identify actionable insights and build compelling strategic stories from a variety of inputs and information.
- Proven track record of developing brands and experiences that have solved business objectives and succeeded in the marketplace.
- Experience leading and directing discussion and work sessions with C-suite executives.
- Excellent storytelling, writing and presentation skills.
- Must be highly collaborative team player, with big brand/client experience.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 4 weeks, remainder of work would be onsite in Seattle, Portland offices.