Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking a Writer to develop and execute brand storytelling across a variety of mediums and project types. You will have the opportunity to work on brand writing, brand positioning, marketing, naming, advertising, long form, short form and everything in between.
- Provide concepts and copy that effectively respond to the briefed objectives
- Contribute thoughtfully and regularly in brainstorming and other creative sessions
- Help develop materials for internal reviews and client presentations
- Deliver creative work that meets the established standards of both Tether and the client
- Consistently exceed creative and job performance expectations
- Continually stretch your creative comfort zone to produce more innovative work
- Consistently proof your work for quality and accuracy; seek the input of others to elevate the overall quality
- Stay on top of consumer, creative and digital storytelling trends, sharing with the studio as relevant
- Act as a brand steward/advocate for Tether, internally as well as with clients, vendors and the creative community, while looking for ways to enrich the studio
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, journalism, advertising or related discipline
- 3+ years of writing experience in branding/advertising/marketing, working across media and within a creative team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar/usage and relevant resources, as well as best practices for storytelling across a range of media.
- Show up ready and eager to create
- Demonstrate a drive to learn and grow professionally
- Establish quarterly goals for your creative evolution, consistently reviewing progress with your manager
- Diligently elevate your writing, conceptual and storytelling skills
- Constantly expand your expertise with relevant creative tools, classes and conferences
- Proactively explore and share industry (advertising, design, etc.) news and trends
- Consistently conduct yourself in ways that reflect and contribute to the culture of Tether
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.