Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle studio is seeking a full time or freelance to hire UX Designer. You will work under the collaborative direction of the Creative Director and/or Associate Creative Director operating across several disciplines involved in providing a positive user experience, including IA, UI Design, and IxD. Our creatives are involved from the very start to the very end of products.
- Provide ideas, concepts and designs that that respond to the briefed objectives with a strong understanding of user experience, interaction design and creative collaboration
- Work with clients in a professional manner across all projects, regardless of level of involvement
- Partner with team members across disciplines (copy, video, interactive, production, project management, etc.), looking for ways to improve creative work and processes
- Display and continue to develop professional-level creative execution for interactive media. Display competency for tools and techniques to deliver on branded interaction and user experience design.
- Display and continue to develop a solid understanding of online digital production execution, digital production techniques and developer integration, including delivering complete, orderly files to the development team, through redlines and layered PSD’s.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of browser and device limitations.
- Ability to provide optimized digital assets need to the developers in order to produce the user experience.
- Manage digital assets needed to complete the design of the digital experience
- Consistently proof your work for quality and accuracy
- Adhere to established schedules and budgets, alerting others when potential issues arise
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional design environment as an Interactive/UX designer
- Top notch basic Mac and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- UX concepting and rapid prototyping experience via Sketch, Adobe XD and/or Invision
- A basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and the mechanics of web and app development
- Able to solve creative challenges in innovative ways
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.