Technical Director – Full Time
At Tether, we help brands define the human need that makes what they offer truly matter, through a unique approach that elevates story over style.
Tether was born in Seattle, 2008. We gave ourselves a name to reflect the enduring emotional connection we were determined to forge between brands and people, then set out to build our own creative playground, selling products we made, showing art we curated and hosting all kinds of community events and concerts.
A lot has changed since those early days. We’ve grown, whittled back a bit and grown again, moving a few times and adding an outpost in L.A. Throughout it all, we’ve remained steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being the kind of place we always wanted to work and the kind of creative partner we always wanted to work with.
Tether is actively seeking a Technical Director to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive technology solutions that enable Tether to deliver unique digital branding experiences.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
• Identifies technology solutions that enable successful performance and delivery of design-forward, experiential websites
• Articulates the technical approach to internal teams, and clients, that bring concepts and business goals to life
• Collaborates on business development with the account team
• Oversees all facets of development processes including code reviews, technical specs, platform selection, vendor choice, and testing procedures
• Maintains a roster of developer resources that can deliver on business goals
• Leads developer teams and implement delivery approaches be highly engaged in a project’s performance and on-time, successful delivery
• Serves as a partner in the creative process to bringing transformative ideas to reality
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar experience.
• 7-8+ years of experience, with 2+ years managing a team or leading projects
• Experience with enterprise level site development, Content Management Systems and E-commerce platforms
• A great client counterpart – fostering relationships with CMOs, CIOs, and technical folks on the client side
• A passionate technologist, continuously learning, and curious about emerging and evolving technology trends
• Ability to estimate work and staffing, and strategize to satisfy client budgetary requirements
• Thought leadership in your area of expertise; evolving our digital practice and playbook
• Experience leading developers through a successful technical delivery process
• A strong appreciation for design and user experience
• Experience working with developers, and collaborating with creatives, project managers, and account managers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.