Senior Writer – Freelance
Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking a Senior Writer for a 3-4 month contract. You will be responsible for brand storytelling through outstanding ideation, concept development and execution across a variety of mediums and projects. This can include brand writing, brand positioning, marketing, naming, advertising, long form, short form and everything in between. You may own and lead smaller scale projects and the associated client interactions.
- Consistently contribute and develop original ideas, concepts and copy that effectively respond to the briefed objectives
- Establish and maintain a reputation for exceeding expectations and delivering winning, story-driven solutions
- Guide the development of materials for internal reviews and client presentations, ensuring it meets the established standards of both Tether and the client
- Present creative work and rationale to internal stakeholders for review, evaluation and approval
- Interface with external vendors and attend photoshoots as needed
- Manage your workload, prioritizing and adjusting to meet timing and budget parameters
- Mentor others (staff, freelance, interns), proactively finding ways to share your knowledge of brand storytelling
- Follow the guidance of the CD and other creative leaders, expanding on their input, as needed
- Collaborate with teammates across the studio to help win new business (from pitch work to case studies) and find time/cost-reducing efficiencies
- Develop and strengthen working relationships with teams and individuals across the studio
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, journalism, advertising or related discipline
- 5+ years of writing experience in branding/advertising/marketing, working across media and within a creative team environment
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar/usage and relevant resources, as well as best practices for storytelling across a range of media
- Demonstrate a drive to learn and grow professionally
- Establish quarterly goals for your creative evolution, consistently reviewing progress with your manager
- Diligently elevate your writing, conceptual and storytelling skills
- Constantly expand your expertise with relevant creative tools, classes and conferences
- Proactively explore and share industry (advertising, design, etc.) news and trends
- Consistently conduct yourself in ways that reflect and contribute to the culture of Tether
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.