Senior Designer – Freelance
Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking a Freelance Sr. Designer for a 1-2+ month contract. This is onsite, 40 hours/week. You will be responsible for the development and execution of brand storytelling across a variety of mediums and projects including packaging, identity/branding, campaign work and digital. You will work under the collaborative direction of the Creative Director and/or Associate Creative Director.
- Drive collaborative efforts with team members across disciplines (copy, video, interactive, production, project management, etc.), actively looking for ways to improve creative work and processes
- Display professional written and verbal communication skills, emphasizing clarity, concision and timeliness of replies, ensuring successful interactions both internally and with clients
- Take the initiative to improve creative output while working with the team to stay on target strategically and conceptually
- With the project leads, review creative concepts against design strategy at appropriate stages, ensuring work is review- and presentation-ready, taking the initiative to articulate rationale, providing solutions and integrating feedback
- Work and help maintain successful relationships with clients across all projects, regardless of level of involvement
- Adhere to established schedules and budgets, alerting the creative lead when potential issues arise
- Continually stretch your creative comfort zone to produce more innovative work while initiating creative dialogues and offering constructive feedback within your team
- Working both strategically and conceptually, develop creative solutions that consistently deliver on business needs, partnering closely with copywriters and other creative disciplines to produce award-winning work
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of experience working in professional design environment as a designer
- Able to solve creative challenges in innovative ways, independently and as an actively contributing team member, while identifying resources needed to help self and others
- Able to play a leading role in the strategic, conceptual and design development of multiple large-scale projects, prioritizing work based on scope and deadlines
- Able to make well prepared, articulate internal presentations with a focus on business and design objectives while also addressing any internal questions that arise
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure, setting an example for and helping other members of the design team do the same
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.