Senior Creative Strategist
Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking a Senior Creative Strategist who is a creative problem solver with a deep love for brand strategy and storytelling. This role will be a critical component of the cross-functional team responsible for building brands. You will be responsible for leading the creative strategy for a key client initially including research discovery efforts to inform the brand strategy, helping form the creative brief and helping achieve the client’s business objectives. Ideal candidate will have solid experience working within a strategy department in an agency or design studio environment.
- Leverage insight to unlock a strategic approach that help clients realize their visions.
- Operate as thought leader, bringing new ideas and insights to the agency and clients on a regular basis
- Manage day to day relationship with client as a representative of strategy practice
- Conduct primary and secondary research, analyze trends and identify insights to determine strategic implications and opportunities for meeting clients business objectives and goals
- Develop and present thought provoking point-of-views that inspire and illuminate the strategic opportunity
- Lead in the creation of client deliverables and work-sessions
- Consistently exceed job performance expectations
- Leads and works with cross-discipline teams to design a project’s strategy, concept and tactical implementation
- Partner with other disciplines to drive both strategic and conceptual solutions on projects that consistently deliver on business needs
- Works with team to define opportunities for extending campaigns or programs across multiple platforms (web, mobile, social and other emerging media)
- Be accountable; coordinate with project leads and fellow team members to deliver quality work on time
- Comply with all time tracking, purchasing, expense and production processes (Workamajig, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing, Communications, or Business focus preferred.
- 6+ years of experience working as a Strategist or Planner with a strong background in brand strategy, communications/marketing and building client relationships. Retail and sports apparel experience a plus
- Must have experience leading research discover initiatives, specifically stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis, ethnographic market research, focus group testing, and client workshops.
- Ability to cull through mass amounts of data, identify actionable insights and build compelling strategic stories from a variety of inputs and information.
- Proven track record of developing brands and experiences that have solved business objectives and succeeded in the marketplace.
- Experience leading and directing discussion and work sessions with C-suite executives.
- Excellent storytelling, writing and presentation skills.
- Must be highly collaborative team player, with big brand/client experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.