Production Designer – Freelance to Hire
Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking a Freelance Production Designer with the possibility of transitioning from temp to full time hire. This is onsite, 40 hours/week. To be successful in this position, you must possess strong print, packaging + digital production technical skills coupled with an understanding of graphic design and the creative process. Must be comfortable working with files in a variety of formats and capable of building precise and accurate print files for a variety of mediums. Adherence to documentation standards and meticulous attention to detail are required in this role.
- Support the production phase of multiple small and large-scale projects.
- Adhere to established schedules and budgets and continually work within agreed upon parameters, alerting the project owner and team in advance when issues arise.
- Manage the technical integrity of all files – functionality, layers, colors, asset quality and version control.
- Support production designers and vendors throughout projects to ensure efficient and accurate production on all projects.
- Anticipate problems and opportunities and bring them to the attention of the design team and the project manager.
- Review creative with the project owner during appropriate stages of the design and production process.
- Consistently proof your own work for accuracy and quality.
- Work in offset lithography & flexographic printing for packaging, OOH (Out of Home), publications and more.
- Able to work with brand guides & asset creation.
- Digital workflow
- Ability to iterate digital assets across multiple formats and uses
- Simple animation
- Video export
- 3D rendering in Photoshop (& KeyShot)
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of experience working in professional design environment as a production designer
- Expert level in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Experience with 3D rendering in photoshop
- Experience with image manipulation, correction, and optimization techniques
- Proficient in MS Office (Word & PowerPoint)
- Basic familiarity with Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Principle
- Keyshot + After Effects a plus
- Background in graphic design
- A positive, helpful, and team-focused attitude
- Self‐motivated, collaborative, and a good communicator
- A self-editor
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve output issues as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.