Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking an Industrial Designer. You will be responsible for the development and execution of brand storytelling across a variety of mediums and projects. You will work under the collaborative direction of the Creative Director and/or Associate Creative Director.
- Support the strategic, conceptual and design development of multiple small and large-scale projects
- Provide ideas, concepts and designs that effectively respond to the briefed objectives
- Develop materials for internal reviews and client presentations; collecting inspirational imagery, usability criteria, visual communication in the form of; concept sketching, illustration, 3D CAD work, and product renderings as required.
- Adhere to established schedules and budgets and continually work within agreed upon parameters, alerting the project owner and team in advance when issues arise
- Review creative concepts against the design strategy during appropriate stages with the project owner
- Prepare drawings, sketches, comps, mechanical files and the ability to source and oversee production samples
- Ability to communicate ideas at varying levels of 3d from quick sketch models up to photo level quality models
- Consistently proof your own work for accuracy and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or equivalent work experience
- 2-3+ years professional industrial design experience
- Professional knowledge of design, prototyping, and product innovation
- Professional knowledge of identity, brand development, and 3D design. Environmental design and packaging knowledge preferred, or a strong interest in learning is required.
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate and present design solutions thru hand sketches and varying levels of computer visualization from Illustrator and/or Photoshop renderings to photo-real renderings
- Able to solve creative challenges in innovative ways while also proactively finding resources that help foster innovation
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Display and continue to develop professional-level creative execution for primary content creation, including products, CMF, environments, equipment, packaging, and user interaction
- Possess a general understanding of secondary related fields such as interface, design research, and graphic design. Build high level content for presentation decks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.