At Tether, we help brands define the human need that makes what they offer truly matter, through a unique approach that elevates story over style.
Tether was born in Seattle, 2008. We gave ourselves a name to reflect the enduring emotional connection we were determined to forge between brands and people, then set out to build our own creative playground, selling products we made, showing art we curated and hosting all kinds of community events and concerts.
A lot has changed since those early days. We’ve grown, whittled back a bit and grown again, moving a few times and adding an outpost in L.A. Throughout it all, we’ve remained steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being the kind of place we always wanted to work and the kind of creative partner we always wanted to work with.
Tether is seeking an Industrial Designer to join our team. You will be responsible for the development and execution of brand storytelling across a variety of mediums and projects. You will work under the collaborative direction of the Creative Director.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
- Support the strategic, conceptual and design development of multiple small and large-scale projects
- Provide ideas, concepts and designs that effectively respond to the briefed objectives
- Develop materials for internal reviews and client presentations; collecting inspirational imagery, usability criteria, visual communication in the form of; concept sketching, illustration, 3D CAD work, and product renderings as required.
- Adhere to established schedules and budgets and continually work within agreed upon parameters, alerting the project owner and team in advance when issues arise
- Review creative concepts against the design strategy during appropriate stages with the project owner
- Prepare drawings, sketches, comps, mechanical files and the ability to source and oversee production samples
- Ability to communicate ideas at varying levels of 3d from quick sketch models up to photo level quality models
- Consistently proof your own work for accuracy and quality
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or equivalent work experience
- 1-3+ years professional industrial design experience
- Professional knowledge of design, prototyping, and product innovation
- Familiarity with Industrial Design software: Solidworks, Adobe Creative Suite, Keyshot, etc…
- Professional knowledge of identity, brand development, and 3D design. Environmental design and packaging knowledge preferred, or a strong interest in learning is required.
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate and present design solutions thru hand sketches and varying levels of computer visualization from Illustrator and/or Photoshop renderings to photo-real renderings
- Able to solve creative challenges in innovative ways while also proactively finding resources that help foster innovation
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Display and continue to develop professional-level creative execution for primary content creation, including products, CMF, environments, equipment, packaging, and user interaction
- Possess a general understanding of secondary related fields such as interface, design research, and graphic design. Build high level content for presentation decks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.