Industrial Design Intern
At Tether, we help brands define the human need that makes what they offer truly matter, through a unique approach that elevates story over style.
Tether was born in Seattle, 2008. We gave ourselves a name to reflect the enduring emotional connection we were determined to forge between brands and people, then set out to build our own creative playground, selling products we made, showing art we curated and hosting all kinds of community events and concerts.
A lot has changed since those early days. We’ve grown, whittled back a bit and grown again, moving a few times and adding an outpost in L.A. Throughout it all, we’ve remained steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being the kind of place we always wanted to work and the kind of creative partner we always wanted to work with
Tether’s Seattle Studio is actively seeking an Industrial Design Intern who is ready to jump in headfirst and grow with our team. This is a full-time paid contract position with a 6-month commitment.
- Support the strategic, conceptual and design development of multiple small and large-scale projects.
- Possess strong aesthetic sensibility and can visually and verbally communicate your creative ideas through sketches, renderings, CAD, and presentations.
- Review creative concepts against the design strategy during appropriate stages with the project owner.
- Prepare drawings, sketches, comps, mechanical files and the ability to source and oversee production samples.
- Consistently proof your own work for accuracy and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- Familiarity with Industrial Design software: Solidworks, Adobe Creative Suite, Keyshot, etc…
- Prior internship working experience in a professional design environment preferred
- Show up ready and eager to create
- Demonstrate a drive and curiosity to learn and grow professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.