Digital Associate Creative Director – Full Time
At Tether, we help brands define the human need that makes what they offer truly matter, through a unique approach that elevates story over style.
Tether was born in Seattle, 2008. We gave ourselves a name to reflect the enduring emotional connection we were determined to forge between brands and people, then set out to build our own creative playground, selling products we made, showing art we curated and hosting all kinds of community events and concerts.
A lot has changed since those early days. We’ve grown, whittled back a bit and grown again, moving a few times and adding an outpost in L.A. Throughout it all, we’ve remained steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being the kind of place we always wanted to work and the kind of creative partner we always wanted to work with.
Tether is actively seeking a Digital Associate Creative Director to join our team. The ideal candidate will have senior level experience and skills in interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies for digital channel and related media. They will work under the collaborative direction of the Creative Director.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
• Take charge of a projects from conception to execution
• Serve as the influencer for our digital design culture and innovation
• Lead teams of designers on various digital design initiatives
• Assist in scoping project needs based on briefed objectives, success criteria, delivery expectations and budgets
• Provide leadership over each step of the creative process including concepts, prototyping, and client presentations
• Work closely with project managers to keep all projects on track
• Monitor projects to ensure briefed objectives, timelines, and quality standards are met
• Create achievable milestones for both project and individual goals; provide guidance and coaching across the digital discipline
• Monitor quality and financial results by evaluating and reviewing processes and recommending changes and efficiencies
• Work with Creative Director to develop clear, profitable processes that solve creative problems and exceed client expectations
• Develop project case studies
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU
• Bachelor’s degree graphic design, digital media design, or visual arts or similar experience
• 8+ years of experience creating exceptional digital branding experiences
• 2+ years of experience in a lead design role, overseeing the work of designers and freelancers.
• Experience working with developers, and collaborating with creatives, project managers, and account managers
• Strong knowledge of the design fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technology
• Able to communicate and express ideas clearly and confidently
• Strong presentation skills with client interaction and client pitch experience
• Strong creative problem-solving skills in digital media, including animation/motion graphics
• Able to scope design phases of projects, accurately and efficiently
• Ability to provide direction and leadership to designers working on their project team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.