Intern – Developer
Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is actively seeking a developer intern who is ready to jump in head first and grow with our team. Full-time (40 hours/week) paid contract position with a 4-6 month commitment.
- Passion for writing maintainable, well-tested code that is understandable by both computers and humans
- Ability to work independently and partner with others on projects.
- Able to solve creative challenges in innovative ways while also proactively finding resources that help foster innovation
- Passion for learning and improvement, and a desire to share what you’ve learned with those around you
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining focus on the big picture as well as the details and asking for guidance on prioritization as needed
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Proactively look for opportunities to learn from different members of the studio (and beyond) while readily sharing your own areas of expertise
- Ability to communicate with designers the benefits and limitations of a given technology that has been selected
- 3 months-1 year of relevant experience or recent completion of a coding/developer program
- Prior internship working experience in a professional design environment preferred
- Show up ready and eager to create
- Demonstrate a drive and curiosity to learn and grow professionally
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with React or other front-end frameworks (Vue + Ember)
- Familiar using Command Line
- Experience with Cloud Computing Services (AWS)
- Experience with version control and Git
- Understanding of current SEO and Web Security standards
- Working understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Node, Express, GraphQL
- Understanding of serverless computing concepts
- Test driven development (Jest and Enzyme)
- Complex usage of SVG and Canvas elements
- Digital Marketing and/or E-Commerce
- PHP, LAMP Stack and WordPress
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.