Designer – Freelance
At Tether, we help brands define the human need that makes what they offer truly matter, through a unique approach that elevates story over style.
Tether was born in Seattle, 2008. We gave ourselves a name to reflect the enduring emotional connection we were determined to forge between brands and people, then set out to build our own creative playground, selling products we made, showing art we curated and hosting all kinds of community events and concerts.
A lot has changed since those early days. We’ve grown, whittled back a bit and grown again, moving a few times and adding an outpost in L.A. Throughout it all, we’ve remained steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being the kind of place we always wanted to work and the kind of creative partner we always wanted to work with.
Seattle is seeking a Freelance Designer for a contract. You will be responsible for the development and execution of brand storytelling across a variety of mediums and projects including packaging, identity/branding, campaign work and digital. You will work under the collaborative direction of the Creative Director and/or Associate Creative Director.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide ideas, concepts and designs that effectively respond to the briefed objectives
- Contribute thoughtfully and regularly in brainstorming and other creative sessions
- Clearly articulate ideas and explain design rationales
- Develop materials for internal reviews and client presentations; refine layouts, images, illustrations, typographic techniques, final art, etc.
- Deliver creative work that meets the established standards of both Tether and the client
- Consistently exceed creative and job performance expectations
- Comply with all time tracking, purchasing, expense and production processes (Workamajig, etc.)
- Expand your expertise with software and other relevant creative tools
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- 1-3+ years of experience working in professional design environment as a designer
- Show up ready and eager to create
- Consistently deliver quality work, on time and to established standards
- Demonstrate a drive and curiosity to learn and grow professionally
- Diligently elevate your design and storytelling skills
- Proactively explore and share design industry news and trends
- Stay up-to-date on the latest printing, photography and illustration techniques
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.