Business Development Manager – Full Time
At Tether, we help brands define the human need that makes what they offer truly matter, through a unique approach that elevates story over style.
Tether was born in Seattle, 2008. We gave ourselves a name to reflect the enduring emotional connection we were determined to forge between brands and people, then set out to build our own creative playground, selling products we made, showing art we curated and hosting all kinds of community events and concerts.
A lot has changed since those early days. We’ve grown, whittled back a bit and grown again, moving a few times and adding an outpost in L.A. Throughout it all, we’ve remained steadfastly independent and wholly committed to being the kind of place we always wanted to work and the kind of creative partner we always wanted to work with.
Tether is seeking a Business Development Manager. You will be responsible for managing new business and PR efforts. You will be collaborating with management to develop new business strategies as well as independently manage an effective response to all inquiries. This includes assessing viability of inquiry, as well as developing our approach and response to all RFPs. A successful candidate will bring leadership, proactiveness, analytical, critical thinking, and a passion for this industry.
- In collaboration with Director of Client Experience and Leadership team, develop and implement effective new business strategies. With support from management and Accounts ensure key milestones are met while also having the agility to recognize and develop new opportunities
- Critical driver and participant on New Business pitches representing Tether alongside Leadership and Accounts
- Responsible for development of Tether positioning in case studies and new business outreach
- Bring passion, inspiration and insight of the industry on a daily basis. Share trends, industry developments that contribute to Tether’s culture and future success.
- Engage prospects to determine viability/fit by establishing rapport and gain insight into needs and other factors to inform Tether’s engagement
- Inform and provide point of view to Leadership on opportunity and manage agency proposal completion from start to finish with efficiency, accuracy and insight
- Proactively respond to RFI, RFPs with the support of discipline leads, to author well-written proposals, and build SOWs with grammatically-sound narratives that satisfy client objectives and address stated needs
- Demonstrate reliable workload management to support multiple projects, following details and appropriate prioritization to meet deadlines
- Report on agency progress toward milestone completion, tracking, visualizing data to report on agency trends and insights
- Manage and improve Tether new business tools (WJ, New Business Tracking and Revenue Reports)
- Manage data analytics, insights and reporting of New Business annual trends and quarterly forecast for New Business
- Draft well written news releases, press materials and other promotional content and engage in dialogue that cultivates media interest in Tether
- Build media materials, news release schedules and media outreach plans in support of Tether media coverage. Draft and present proactive reputation building recommendations to Leadership Team for feedback
- Develop targeted media lists, press kits and compelling pitch emails to negotiate coverage of Tether creative work and agency initiatives. Build a trusted relationship with a few industry reporters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience working in Business Development or Account Management with at least 2-3 years in a creative or advertising agency setting
- Able to proactively identify new business opportunities
- Be aware and current with leading edge industry innovation, identifying practices in marketing, PR and agency business development, sharing them with the Leadership Team and pursuing implementation of new tactics to improve new business and PR systems
- Strong understanding of the Creative and Design industry
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills
- Demonstrate comfort, confidence and ease presenting in a large-group setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.