Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle Studio is seeking an Account Manager. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working as an Account Manager or Project Manager within a creative or advertising agency. Must be a dependable partner to multiple client contacts for detailed account management and guidance, ensuring the client experience is exceptional. Exhibits the highest standards of project management and client care by managing communication, financial progress and fostering teamwork with the creative partners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of creative process and how to provide both account management support at each phase; briefing, concept development, tactical execution as it relates to copy, design and production.
- Manage client accounts with fiscal accountability and proficiency
- Be current and aware of industry trends in marketing, communications, technologies, consumer goods and other brand/product categories as they pertain to client work
- Follow financial process as it relates to estimating, invoicing, and forecasting. Work in partnership with creative lead to develop client budgets, SOWs, track actuals against budget, flagging any scope concerns to creative lead and Account Director
- Actively seeks to increase new business development with existing and new clients
- Able to build project timelines in partnership with creative lead; manage timing expectations with clients and internal team, modifying and communicating changes promptly
- Follow defined Account Management processes and cross-functional team process pertaining to new business transition, workflow between design, industrial design, interactive and production, providing feedback and suggestions on how to improve process
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2-3+ years of experience working as an Account Manager or Project Manager within an agency setting
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining focus on the big picture as well as the details, asking for guidance on prioritization and proactively flagging bandwidth concerns
- Actively partner with team members across disciplines (design, copy, interactive, production, etc.), looking for ways to improve process and ultimately creative output
- Display and continue to develop professional written and verbal communication skills, emphasizing clarity, concision and timeliness of replies both internally and with clients
- Experience with design, advertising, digital media, or websites.
- Actively contribute to planning and management of project deliverables, identifying areas for process improvement, while working with the team to stay on target strategically and conceptually with an eye on budget and schedule
- Participate in the initial review of creative concepts through final output to confirm alignment with creative strategy and business objectives, integration of client feedback, as well as proofing for accuracy
- Able to support creative leads in making well prepared, articulate presentations with a focus on creative strategy and business objectives
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Contribute to the company’s ongoing success, from supporting new business development to looking for ways to improve studio culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.