Senior UX Designer – Freelance
Tether is a multidiscipline creative design and advertising agency that works to craft love affairs between brands and individuals. We start at the genuine heart of the brand, creating compelling narratives that reach consumers at every relevant touchpoint with an approach that elevates story over style. Because love between a person and a brand doesn’t just happen. It has to be nurtured. From the inside out. Through stories that make us feel.
Tether’s Seattle studio is seeking a freelance Sr. UX Designer. We’re looking for someone who can operate across several disciplines involved in providing a positive user experience, including IA, UI Design, and IxD as well as conceptual thinking for advertising campaigns. Our creatives are involved from the very start to the very end of products. They are strategic, craft-centric thinkers and doers. Do you subscribe to the Swiss Army Knife approach? If so, read on.
- Working both strategically and conceptually, develop creative solutions that consistently deliver on business needs, with a strong understanding of user experience, interaction design and creative collaboration
- Work with clients in a professional manner across all projects, regardless of level of involvement
- With the project leads, review creative concepts against design strategy at appropriate stages and integrate feedback, asking for clarity as needed
- Actively contribute to creative output while working with the team to stay on target strategically and conceptually
- Actively partner with team members across disciplines (copy, video, interactive, production, project management, etc.), looking for ways to improve creative work and processes
- Display and continue to develop professional-level creative execution for interactive media. Display competency for tools and techniques to deliver on branded interaction and user experience design.
- Continually stretch your creative comfort zone to produce more innovative work
- Display and continue to develop a solid understanding of online digital production execution, digital production techniques and developer integration, including delivering complete, orderly files to the development team, through redlines and layered PSD’s.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of browser and device limitations.
- Ability to provide optimized digital assets need to the developers in order to produce the user experience.
- Manage digital assets needed to complete the design of the digital experience
- Consistently proof your work for quality and accuracy
- Adhere to established schedules and budgets, alerting others when potential issues arise
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a professional design environment as an Interactive/UX designer
- Top notch basic Mac and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- UX concepting and rapid prototyping experience via Sketch, Adobe XD and/or Invision
- A basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and the mechanics of web and app development
- Able to solve creative challenges in innovative ways while also proactively finding resources that help foster innovation
- Stay on top of trends in the design industry, sharing with the studio as relevant
- Working both strategically and conceptually
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Able to make well prepared, articulate internal and client-facing presentations with a focus on business, consumer insight and design objectives while also addressing any questions that arise
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.